Salary: £25,087 to £28,510 X32 – X38
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week, on permanent contract
Contractual Status: Permanent
Durham Cathedral Schools Foundation comprises of two prestigious schools which date back to the early 1400s: Chorister School and Durham School.
Situated in the historic city of Durham, our schools have a rich tradition of academic excellence and holistic education, rooted in the values of community, heritage, and innovation.
We provide a nurturing environment where students thrive academically, socially, and personally, preparing them for successful futures.
We are seeking a dynamic and dedicated plumber to join our estates team.
Personal and Professional Specification:
- Completed apprenticeship or has a recognised plumbing trade qualification.
- High versatility and self-motivated.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Accurate attention to detail.
- Good time management skills.
- Good organisation skills.
- Experience of working in a similar field.
- Full Driving License essential, D1 license preferred.
- Experience of working in education would be preferred, but not essential.
- Willing to undertake training.
- Interpret and work from all instructions, drawings and specifications to the plumbing & mechanical trades without supervision.
- Set out new work or new production appropriate to the plumbing & mechanical trades using relevant instruments and machinery without supervision.
- Perform a wide range of the work of other craftspeople as necessary.
- Performing regular Planned Preventative Maintenance of plumbing and heating systems to prevent emergencies.
- Have an excellent understanding of boilers, hot water and heating systems.
- Respond to plumbing and heating system emergencies, determining the issue and making the necessary repairs.
- Maintain and make general plumbing repairs to bath, sink and shower units.
- Unblocking of toilets, sink units, shower units, including internal and external drains and guttering's.
- Have an understanding of the relationship of other craftsmen’s work to theirs.
- Understand and comply with all relevant Health, Safety, Legislative and Standards Documentation.
- Assist with furniture moving, set ups and events.
- Some out of normal hours working is necessary for which a time in lieu scheme is used.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the Estates Maintenance Manager and the needs of the foundation.
- Lunch meal (hot and cold options) provided free of charge each day.
- To work on the historical 600+ year-old site in the city centre of Durham.
- Free on-site parking.
- Exempt from the Durham congestion charge.
- Work pension scheme, 3% opt in with employer 5% contribution.
- Invite to various social events of the year.
If you have any further questions about the job, please call the main reception at the school and ask to speak to HR.
Please email all application forms to [email protected]
Closing Date: Friday 8th March
The Foundation is committed to promoting the safeguarding of children and expects all employees to share this commitment. Any job offer will be made subject to satisfactory checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure. Durham Cathedral Schools Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of age, gender, race, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.