Hours: Work will be seasonal. Hours will be agreed on a termly basis as required.
Line Management: Responsible to the Exams Officer
Salary: National Minimum Wage
We are looking to recruit exam invigilators for our forthcoming exams. These appointments are offered on a casual basis, and, if appointed, you will join a bank of Exam Invigilators.
The individual will provide support in conducting external examinations for pupils, ensuring that all JCQ regulatory requirements for the conduct of examinations are strictly adhered to. enthusiastic individual to join our school team.
The role involves supporting the Examinations Officer in the distribution and collection of exam papers, and invigilation of exams ensuring exam regulations are followed by students..
Durham Cathedral Schools Foundation is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. If you are invited for interview, you will be required to disclose all unspent convictions and those that would not be filtered, prior to the date of the interview. You may be asked for further information about your criminal history during the recruitment process. If your application is successful, this self-disclosure information will be checked against information from the Disclosure and Barring Service before your appointment is confirmed. This role will include Regulated Activities and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure is required for this post. DCSF is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of age, gender, race, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
To provide support in conducting external examinations for pupils, ensuring that all JCQ regulatory requirements for the conduct of examinations are strictly adhered to.
Responsible to the Exams Officer
• To assist with setting up examination venues by laying out stationery, equipment and examination papers in accordance with the outlined procedures.
• To assist candidates prior to the start of examinations by directing them to their seats and informing them of the examination regulations.
• To ensure that candidates do not talk once inside the examination venue.
• To ensure that candidates take into the examination room only those materials which are expressly permitted.
• To check attendance during examinations and complete attendance registers.
• To start and finish examinations at the appointed time
• Invigilating during examinations: dealing with queries raised by candidates and dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with the examination regulations.
• To inform the Exams Officer immediately of any exam irregularities as defined by JCQ regulations.
• Supervising candidates leaving examination venues in an orderly and quiet manner, ensuring that candidates do not remove equipment or stationery from the venue.
• Collecting and collating scripts at the end of the examination in accordance with examination regulations.
• Attend staff meetings as appropriate
• Attend Inset training events as appropriate
• Work in such a way as to promote the ethos and vision of the school.
• Comply with all foundation policies relating to:
• Health and Safety
• Equal Opportunities
• Confidentiality and data protection.
• To complete any other tasks commensurate with the post as requested by the Exams Officer, Chief Operating Officer, or the Headmaster.
Pattern of Work
Work will be seasonal. Hours will be agreed on a termly basis as required.
Closing date: Wednesday 7th February
Please find the application form here.
Please return all completed application forms to [email protected]